Ladies and gents, we have anther promising device launching on Kickstarter October 6th, 2015. To prove that great things do come in small packages, let me introduce you to the U+ All-in-One Storage Device. This little device, about the size of an iPhone 6, promises to deliver on storage, streaming, portability, and accessibility with many great features.
U+ is an all-in-one wireless storage device, serving as a multimedia center, seamless backup storage, external charger, and more! Everything is integrated and accessible through an easy to use app. What I like most about this device is the size, portability, and the fact that it is COMPLETELY WIRELESS. The U+ allows up to 20 hours of continuous working time. What does this mean? At least for someone like me, saner and more peaceful road trips with kids!
The U+ supports up to 5 users watching any movie or any other content at the same time; everyone gets to watch, listen to, or access any content they like without the constraints of being forced to watch or do what someone else wants. Best of all, no external data is needed, as this is all controlled by an app via direct wi-fi (device to device connection). The U+ supports MP4, MOV, AVI, RMBV, and MKV video play with built in 1080P high definition video decoder.
Some of the product features that were provided to me by the U+ team are the following:
- Fully wireless and controlled by an app via direct wi-fi
- No external data needed
- Up to 20 hours of continuous working time
- Supports MP4, MOV, AVI, RMVB, MKV, etc. mainstream video play
- Built-in 1080P high definition video decoder to ensure smooth video playing
- Supports up to 5 users watching any movie or accessing any content stored on the U+
- Watch movies, listen to music, and access to files all at your fingertips, making this a great all in one travel companion for business professionals.
- Unique power docking station with 4000mAH that can also charge your devices whenever they are low on power.
- Instantly transfer files between U+ and your devices
- Take selfies at ease with the easy to use selfie button
- Low battery reminder
- Customized naming of photos for easy access
- 2 capacity options: 16G and 32G
- Components of the U+ include Qualcomm CPU and WIFI, Samsung DDRII, high speed Universal Flash Storage for high performance.
I had a few questions for the U+ team that I am sure many of you are wondering yourselves. I have to say, the team was quick to respond, so pleasant to speak with, and provided me with all the information I needed in order to pass along to my readers.
First, transfer of information: There are two ways to transfer data to the U+ device.
- You can plug in the USB as you would any storage device to your computer and move/copy the files from your computer directly to the USB
- This is where the wireless part comes in and is very handy - The USB is also wireless. You can connect to the device and upload/download directly without the need to plug into a computer. You are able to transmit data back and forth.
Currently, the plan is to offer two storage capacities, 16G and 32G. I wondered if there were capabilities to expand or any future plans to offer additional storage options. The team at U+ certainly understands the need for more storage capacity and hopes to be able to expand in the future. Dependent on how well their Kickstarter campaign goes, this could be a stretch goal.
Finally, what everyone wants to know - Price. The team at U+ have shared that the MSRP is above $100. How much exactly, I can not say. However, early adopters are ensured up to 50% off MSRP. It is my understanding that exact numbers are still being determined but I have been informed that early adopters and those supporting the Kickstarter project will be receiving a large discount.
So, to get in on the early adopter discount, visit http://uplus.leapgadget.com and sign up to receive 50% off MSRP when U+ goes live on Kickstarter
My take on the U+: I can see this being a VERY practical device. Personally, I can see myself using this on road trips and at hotels on vacation to watch shows and movies, business presentations, school presentations, etc. It's small enough to where I can easily slip into my backpack, briefcase, or even my purse. Most of all, I can see this as a storage device for music and videos so that my 16 year old doesn't chew up my data with his constant streaming. Yes....this actually happens EVERY MONTH! And, no...there is never enough room on his phone due to endless pictures and videos. Teenagers!
Remember, the Kickstarter Campaign launches October 6th, 2015. For information and updates on the U+, please subscribe below and follow me on Facebook and Twitter. The team at U+ will be providing me with updates that I can pass along to you. Also, please make sure to register at http://uplus.leapgadget.com for your 50% discount. You can also follow the team on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/leapgadget?ref=hl for updates.